Madras Guitar Program
Strings Director, Erin Randolph
welcome to the Madras Guitar Homepage! The Madras Guitar Ensemble is a very young, but rapidly growing and successful music program. Our mission is to offer music instruction that is clearly outside of the “classical” setting. The program is often coupled with band and choral experiences throughout middle school for many students. It is our belief that the study of any musical instrument, whether it be in the choral setting, the orchestral setting, or the band setting, is without question one of the best ways to teach discipline, responsibility, team work, and self-esteem through performance.
Our program, while devoted strictly to the study of string instruments, also includes a variety of music history, music theory, and music appreciation activities. It is our goal that every student who experiences our program leaves Madras with a solid foundation on which successful musicianship may be built.
Madras Guitar is a year long course as part of a three year study. However, beginners at all levels are welcome to join based on director approval. Our home page will hopefully answer any questions you may have regarding class guidelines and expectations. We also hope that by using our homepage, you will be easily kept apprised of all upcoming events, announcements, and important information.
Thank you for visiting the Madras Guitar homepage!
The Madras Guitar Ensemble incoming 6th grade classes are chosen based primarily on a lottery system. This lottery is drawn during post-planning every year. The first 40 students chosen will be enrolled in the program for the upcoming school year. The rest will be placed on a waiting list in the order in which they were chosen during the drawing. Madras Guitar registration forms may be found on our school's web site, acquired from Mrs. Erin Randolph at Madras, or picked up from your child's 5th grade music/chorus teacher each spring. For questions or more information, please contact the Madras Strings director, Mrs. Erin Banke Randolph at firstname.lastname@example.org
Madras Guitar Spring Performance
- What day? Wednesday, May 2, 2018
- Where? Nixon Center on Lower Fayetteville Road
- What time? Performance begins at 6:30pm
- When should my student(s) arrive? No later than 5:45pm
- What should my student wear? Madras Guitar polo and khaki pants. No shorts, blue jeans or flip flops will be permitted on stage.
- What if my child is sick and cannot attend? He/she will be required to make an audio or video recording of their concert repertoire and email it to Mrs. Randolph for concert credit. Recordings must be submitted before 3:30pm on Monday, May 7, 2018.
- Questions? Email Mrs. Randolph at email@example.com